Tuesday 7 September 2010

Pain



Dear Lynn

I have a few different posts in my head but what wants to come out is that this week is a bad one for me.

Two years ago - unbeknownst to me - the father of my children was away with another woman - and saying things to her that I thought he had only ever said to me.

Last year I was distracted by trips overseas from thinking about this week in time too much.

This year I am here.  And trying desperately not to turn this week into some kind of weird anniversary.

I never saw this in my future 20 years ago.  Nor ten, nor five years ago.

I have moved on from the obsessed by, needing to know details, wreck of a woman I was last year.

I just wasn't expecting to feel quite so agonised right now.  We continue to make plans for our future - and I am generally more realistic about life this time round.

I have rung my psychologist to get an urgent appointment.  I need to know that it is OK to forge a fresh life with someone I may never completely trust again.

Love

Mary

6 comments:

  1. Another friend of mine went through a similar thing. She says it changed her husband into her 'second' husband if that makes sense, the husband you have after you've been badly hurt and maybe lost your fresh-faced love, but with whom you still have deep love and history and closeness.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. xoxoxoxoxo

    Thinking of you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a good reason to feel like crap, Mary. Sending you lots of love,
    A.
    PS If you ever need a bbq chicken....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you this week.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if it helps ... but you are allowed to feel this way. It is a logical and normal reaction to the hurt. Only when you can accept that, will the pain lessen and move on.

    ReplyDelete