Saturday 1 January 2011

Heartburn



Dear Lynn

Just wanted to let you know that I am still here - that my heart burns for you as you look after your mum

and that I am , in fact , literally suffering from heartburn, indigestion, reflux -  I believe that it is quite common at our age but it is utterly repulsive.

And that I am now 6 weeks off the fags ...

which I thought would help me with the heartburn.. but it has not..

I suspect a lot less sugar in my diet and a lot more exercise is probably the key.

Bugger it.

xxxx

Mary

7 comments:

  1. I bet in time the heartburn will go away or become less intense. It's stressful to give up smoking. Way to go, by the way! I quit 10 years ago and am SO glad I did. Especially now that cigs are $7 a pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six weeks! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Mary! Not the heartburn of course, but that's a long time to go without a cigarette. Well done! PS I find mylanta rolltabs are pretty effective but if you find a magic cure send it my way!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fixit had heartburn all the time too, he had to have a gastroscopy and some ulcer meds but he is much better now. (Although dieting. Allegedly)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your smoke-free life! Another beautiful photo, Mary--as always. My heart goes out to Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, regardless of the size of your skin, it's your heart that's bigger than the universe. Please don't shrink that, it holds so much it would be criminal to lose the content. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign! Jenny

    ReplyDelete