Thursday 27 January 2011

Fat Fat the water rat



Dear Lynn

To say I was devastated when I got on the scales last week is an understatement.

One hundred and one kilos or 220 pounds.  Never ever ever did I expect to get to that weight.

Ever.

I want to live for another forty years.  Not fifty. Forty will do.  I want to kiss my children a billion more times. I want to continue to nurture the very gentle tentative new relationship I have with my husband.  I want to take better and better photographs.  Laugh with my friends for so much longer.

And so, yet again, I begin to monitor my food, my exercise and have booked to see a herbalist.

I have done this before.  This time though I am so angry with myself that there is a ferocity in my determination to achieve some weight loss.

Fuckity bugger.

Love to you 

Mary

7 comments:

  1. Oh good luck! I am trying to nag Fixit about his ridiculous comfort eating so he can get under the 100k mark. He's a shocker though. Especially on holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the words chocolate and milk! It's so damned hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And love to you dear girl. It's just 'weight' and not who you actually are, I know you'll be able to end the year with a number you are much happier with.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling much the same. 11lbs crept on this year and I am determined to hit my 5th decade with them banished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, take a deep breath, say your "fuckity bugger" line as many times as necessary, do what Cheri says [because she's smart, and always knows what to do and gives the BEST advice], AND know that you can melt that weight away... with a little work... but you can do it. I believe in you, and I want you to live another 40+ years, too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave myself permission to wait until Chinese New Year to start getting in shape. It seems a much more suitable time than January 1, especially when one has unusual stress piled atop the usual midwinter sluggishness.

    Wishing you the best of luck. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. The midwinter sluggishness was a reference to me, not you. I guess you could substitute "midsummer lassitude?"

    ReplyDelete